StoryCut (hereinafter referred to as “the product”) is a kind of video editing tool based on mobile phones with Android system or iOS system (hereinafter referred to as “mobile phone”), including browsing pictures and videos on mobile phone, and the functions of editing, uploading and releasing pictures and videos on the mobile phone to video platforms. StoryCut is provided by Wenzhou Xunchi Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “We” or the “Company”). We respect your privacy.
I. How we collect and use your personal information;
II. How we store your personal information;
III. How we share, transfer and disclose your personal information;
IV. How we protect your personal information;
V. Your right to managing your personal information;
VI. Protection of personal information of minors;
VII. Change and revision of the privacy policies;
VIII. How to contact us;
IX. The validation of these privacy policies.
Through these privacy policies, we hope you understand that when you use StoryCut, how your personal information is collected, used, stored, shared and transferred by us, and how the information is accessed, upgraded, deleted and protected by us. Before you use StoryCut, please read carefully and understand the privacy policies, and make sure that you use our products or services with fully understanding and consent. Once you begin to use StoryCut, it means that you sufficiently understand and agree with the privacy policies, and agree that we may collect, use, store and share the information related to you in accordance with these privacy policies. If you have any questions, advice or suggestions on the privacy policies, you may contact us through the contact information provided in these privacy policies.
We will collect and use your personal information for the following purposes of these privacy policies:
(I) To realize basic functions of StoryCut
1.Information indirectly collected through registration. For your convenience, you may log on the product and service through youtube, facebook and other third-party accounts. For the above-mentioned purposes, we may obtain and collect your information in such third-party accounts from the third parties including your nickname and avatar. Except for the above-mentioned cases, we will not acquire your personal information from any third party at present. If we need to acquire your personal information from any third party for the business development in the future, we will express the source, type and scope of application of your personal information before we acquire it. If the personal information processing activities that we need to carry out our business go beyond the scope of your authorized consent to a third party, your express consent will be obtained before processing your personal information. We will also strictly abide by the relevant legal provisions and require third parties to guarantee the legality of the information they provide.
2. The upload and release of videos. In order to achieve the function of publishing to multiple video platforms, when you publish video works through StoryCut, we will ask you to log on to the video platform and provide the authorization for account authentication. After the successful authorization for account authentication, the authorization record will be saved, so that there is no need for further authorization when it is released in the future. The above-mentioned authorization for account authentication is necessary for the function of the video release, which neither includes your personal identification and other sensitive information or your account number and password for logging on the platform. We won’t collect, upload or store such data, or match them with any personal information of you, too.
(II) To improve our products and services
1. The improvement of users’ experience. We may collect theMD5 algorithm-encrypted International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) and the Multiple Access Channel (MAC), Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), device model, system version number, operating system version number, system number, system ID number, screen resolution, Internet type, version number of this product, the time and frequency of click and use of a button, option values for some key configurations, software crash logs and so on. Such information will be used to count the number of users of our products, analyze the use of products, judge version upgrade, check the causes of crashes and reduce crashes, in order to continuously improve our products. Such information does not involve private information such as your personal identity.
(III) Other functions
Subject to laws and regulations, we will show and push relevant services, products or functions for you after we anonymize, aggregate, desensitize and encrypt your personal information to form statistics or user portraits (but the portrait can’t identify any individual user). If we use the information for other purposes not specified in these policies, or if we use the information collected for a specific purpose for other purposes, we will obtain your prior consent.
(IV) Exceptions to authorized consent
In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, your authorized consent is not required for the collection of your personal information in the following cases:
1. Relating to national security or national defense security;
2. Relating to public safety, public health or major public interests;
3. Relating to a criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of sentences, etc.;
4. In order to safeguard the major legitimate rights and interests of the subject of personal information or other individuals such as life and property, but it is very difficult to obtain your own consent;
5. The personal information collected is made public by yourself;
6. The personal information collected from legally and publicly disclosed information such as legal news reports, disclosure of government information, etc.;
7. Necessary to sign the contract according to your request;
8. Necessary to maintain the safe and stable operation of the products or services provided such as the detection and disposal of failures of the products or services;
9. Necessary for legitimate news reporting;
10. Necessary for an academic research institution to carry out statistics or academic research on the basis of public interest, and when to provide the results of academic research or description to the outside world, the personal information contained in the results are to be de-identified;
11. Other circumstances prescribed by laws and regulations.
We will ensure that your personal information is adequately protected through anonymity, encrypted storage, and other methods.
We will store your personal information only within the period necessary for the purpose of these policies and within the time limit required by laws and regulations.
If we stop to operate products or services, we will stop our activities to continue collecting your personal information in a timely manner, and send you a notice on the cessation on a case-by-case basis or in the form of announcement, and we will delete or anonymize the personal information we store.
We will not share your personal information with any company, organization or individual, except in the following cases:
1. We may share your personal information with the outside world in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations, the needs of litigation dispute resolution, or in accordance with the requirements of administrative and judicial organs according to the law.
2. We may share your personal information with other parties with your express consent.
3. If our related parties provide services to you or to us, we may share your personal information with our related companies. However, we only share the necessary personal information, and the processing of your information by related parties is subject to these privacy policies. If the related company wants to change the purpose of processing your personal information, it will obtain your authorization and consent again.
4. We will not share your personal information with third-party advertisers, application developers, open platforms or other partners except with your express authorization and consent. We may provide these partners with aggregated information, anonymized information, or other information that can’t identify your personal identity. For example, we may tell application developers how many people have installed the applications they have developed.
5. For the purposes stated in these privacy policies only, we may share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers, consultants or agents to provide better customer service and user experience. These providers, service providers, consultants and agents may provide us with technical infrastructure services, analyze the way our services are used, measure the effectiveness of advertising and services, provide customer service and payment services, conduct academic research and investigation, or provide legal, financial and technical advisory services. For example, we may invite registered users to participate in the lottery from time to time. If you are lucky to win, we need to provide your personal information to the logistics service provider in order to send you our prize.
We will sign strict data protection agreements with those companies, organizations and individuals with whom we share personal information. They are required to process personal information in accordance with our instructions, these privacy policies and any other relevant confidentiality and safety measures.
We will not transfer your personal information to any other company, organization or individual, except in the following cases:
1. With the development of the company's businesses, it is possible for us and our related companies to carry out mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers or other similar transactions. If the relevant transaction involves the transfer of your personal information, we will require the company, organization and individual newly holding your personal information to be bond for these policies, otherwise we will require the company, organization and individual to re-obtain your authorized consent.
2. With your express consent, we will transfer your personal information that we have obtained to other parties.
We will disclose your personal information publicly only in the following cases:
1. Your express consent has been obtained.
2. We may publicly disclose your personal information in cases of law, legal, litigation or mandatory requirements by government authorities.
3. Other circumstances prescribed by laws and regulations.
1. We have taken industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We will take all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information.
2. We will encrypt and store identifiable information about personal identity to ensure the confidentiality of the data. For the IME of your mobile phone identifier and MAC, we will use the MD5 algorithm to anonymize and encrypt on your device, and only collect and upload anonymized and encrypted identifiers.
3. If our App uses the WebView technology, we will implement URL verification on all file protocols used in WebView and restrict access to sensitive data and SDcard data in this App, and to avoid malicious embezzlement of arbitrary private files and sensitive information without special permissions, which may result in the disclosure of your personal information.
4. We deploy access control mechanisms on the server side, adopt the principle of minimum sufficient authorization for staff members who may have access to your personal information, and regularly check the list of visitors and access records.
5. Our server system that stores users’ personal information is a secure and reinforced operating system. We will audit and monitor the server operations. If external announcements are made of server operating systems with security problems, we will upgrade the server for the first time to ensure the security of all server systems and Apps.
6. We regularly organize training on laws and regulations related to personal information protection for staff members in order to enhance their awareness of personal privacy protection.
7. Unfortunately, if our physical, technical or managerial protective measures are damaged, we will initiate emergency plans in a timely manner to prevent the expansion of security incidents and report them to the competent national authorities in accordance with laws and regulations,and we will timely take pushing, announcement and other reasonable and effective ways to inform you of the basic situation of the security incident, the possible impact, the measures that have been taken or will be taken, and so on.
During your use of StoryCut, you can access and manage your personal information in the following ways:
Withdrawing your consent or authorization
You can withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information by turning off the device functions. For this product, you can close our authority to collect your GPS location information through the settings of your phone.
Please understand that each business function requires some basic personal information to be completed (see Section 1 of these privacy policies). When you withdraw your consent or authorization, we cannot continue to provide you with the services corresponding to the withdrawal of your consent or authorization, and the corresponding personal information will no longer be processed. However, your decision to withdraw your consent will not affect the previous processing of personal information based on your authorization.
Minors need the consent and authorization of their guardians when using StoryCut. We recommend that parents or guardians of minors read these privacy policies for them and that minors seek the consent and guidance of their parents or guardians before submitting their personal information. If you are the guardian of a minor, you can contact us through the contact information in Section 9 of these privacy policies when you have questions about the personal information of the minor in your custody.
We will also provide significant notices on major changes to these privacy policies (for example, notify you through a pop-up window when the software is changed or upgraded, or when you log in again).
Major changes referred to in these policies include, but not limited to:
1. When major changes take place in our service model such as the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed, the use of personal information, etc.;
2. When major changes take place in the right of control, etc. such as the change of owner caused by M & A and reorganization;
3. When Changes take place in the main objects of sharing, transferring or publically disclosing personal information;
4. When major changes take place in your right to participate in the processing of personal information and in the way in which you exercise it;
5. When changes take place in the departments responsible for personal information security, contact information, and complaint channels;
6. When high risks are indicated by the personal information security impact assessment report.
If you have any question, comment, suggestion or complaint about our privacy policies and the processing of your personal information, please contact us through the following ways.
Under normal circumstances, we will reply to your request within 15 working days.
IX. The validation of these privacy policies
These privacy policies will enter into force in September 2019.